Friday, October 12, 2012

Weekend of Horror

This is a busy weekend for me.  In addition to my latest TV project (think aliens) being shot in Los Angeles, four other horror-themed projects are also bubbling to the surface....

If you're in New York, you can visit my partners in crime Lance Henriksen and Tom Mandrake at the New York Comic Con.   They'll be promoting our new joint venture -- an original 5-issue comic series called To Hell You Ride, which makes its debut in December.  Here's a sneak preview of the cover art for issue #2, on display at the Dark Horse Comics booth.


Tonight at 10PM Eastern and Pacific, Discovery Channel's new network Destination America (formerly Planet Green), will premiere the fifth season of A Haunting, a series I helped produce seven years ago.   Though the series was cancelled in 2007, it retained such a strong cult following that the Discovery execs recently decided to resurrect it.  Many of the old production team members have returned to the fold for this new run of 10 episodes, so I'm excited to see the results.



At midnight, AMC kicks off its annual Fearfest, 19 straight days of horror movie programming.  This year's primetime lineup is hosted by Kevin Smith, who will also be introducing a series of 13 original horror mockumentaries -- three of which I wrote myself.  I wasn't involved in the shooting or editing of these shorts, so I'll be seeing them for the first time along with everyone else.  Talk about suspense...



On Saturday night at 9pm Eastern, my horror documentary Nightmares in Red White and Blue will finally make its television debut on Chiller TV.  The documentary has been in circulation for a while, but I'm thrilled to think that it is slowly becoming a part of horror fans' annual Hallowen traditions.



Finally, here on my blog, I'm in the middle of my 30 Days of Nightmares blogathon -- watching a new movie every night and writing a new movie review every morning.  I'll keep at it until Halloween... or until somebody puts me in a straightjacket and takes me away.  Whichever happens first.

No comments:

Post a Comment